An invaluable resource for potters, ceramists, ceramic artists, collectors, enthusiasts and students, Ceramic Review has been inspiring ceramics communities since 1970.
Combining authoritative writing with top-quality photography, the bi-monthly magazine includes:
· In-depth profiles of the most exciting names at work today
· A practical how-to masterclass series with top ceramists
· Interviews with emerging makers currently gaining recognition
· Articles exploring current trends – from the popularity of tableware in high-end restaurants, to new directions in ceramics education
· Step-by-step recipes for clays and glazes
· Insights from leading auction houses on collecting ceramics
· Historical features uncovering the rich heritage of the medium
· The latest news, reviews, exhibitions and events from the world of ceramics, ceramic art and pottery
Print subscribers, please register for digital access here.
As we continue to celebrate our 50th anniversary, our cover star this issue also reflects a milestone in ceramic history: the centenary of the Leach Pottery in St Ives. Established by Bernard Leach and Shoji Hamada, the pottery has stood the test of time and continues to make a lasting impact on the industry today.
Profiled in this issue is James Tower, who was ahead of his time in his approach to form, decoration and natural expression; plus Australian 'Living Treasure' Pippin Drysdale, whose colourful works are influenced by the landscapes of her home. You will also find the results of the latest sale of Picasso ceramics at Sotheby's; the story behind the collection of John and Joan Shipley, who surrounded themselves with ceramics for over 40 years; a step-by-step Masterclass with Barbara Gittings who shares her process of the ancient Chinese art of Nerikomi, plus all the latest news and events from the world of ceramics.