Wanderlust is the UK’s leading magazine for independent-minded and adventurous travellers. Founded in 1993, Wanderlust combines the right mix of wildlife, activities and cultural insight – not to mention inspirational writing and photography – packed with truly impartial information and fresh ideas.
How far can you travel on £250? How about a week on Spain’s Camino de Santiago, a long weekend In Jordan, or six days in Kosovo or Morocco – just a handful of the budget adventures undertaken by Wanderlust readers for our 25 trips under £250 special feature. Find out how they all got on (including one rescue by coast guard) in our trial issue.
Also in the trial issue are two true trips of a lifetime: a 14-page guide to visiting Antarctica, and TV naturalist Mark Carwardine’s account of meeting mountain gorillas in Uganda.
walking the new Wales Coast Path,
city guides to Calcutta and
Vilnius, and a
visual guide to taking a Japanese steam bath (remember: naked is normal!).
BIGGEST EVER ISSUE, BRILLIANT NEW LOOK! Enjoy articles on…
• French Polynesia, where we create the perfect Pacific planner for adventurous travellers.
• Antarctic Peninsula – an extraordinary expedition that helps conserve the white continent’s whales.
• Peru: get acclimatised for trekking in Machu Picchu – including a brand-new wild trekking route.
• Sustainable Travel – we look forwards with 25 green experiences that do it better PLUS top tips to make your next trip a green one.
• Spain: we search for Cantabrian brown bears – while keeping an eye out for wolves and birds in the rugged north PLUS the best places to spot ursines on the continent.
• Double Bill: Ålesund & Bergen
• Hidden USA: St Augustine
• Indigenous culture: Alaska
• World Heritage: Sudan’s Pyramids of Meroe
• Top 10 Highlights: Crete
• First 24 hours…Montevideo
• British break: Orkney Islands
• Off-the-grid: Nur-Sultan
• European short break: Styria and Graz
• WanderSleeps: Luang Prabang
• Dispatches: Palau
…and much, much more…