Issue 1, December 2018
We’re thrilled to be introducing a new UK film magazine into the world: Film Stories! And it’s on sale right now!
Welcome to Britain’s new monthly mainstream film magazine, that zeroes in on the smaller rooms in the multiplex, and the bigger rooms in the indies. There are lots of films that never seem to get close to front covers, big features and such like, and we aim to change that!
It’s from the creator of Den Of Geek, and each issue will feature…
At least 100 pages, crammed with news, reviews, features, interviews and mayhem
Writers you’ve not met before, with opportunity for new talent at the heart of the magazine
A mix of films you’ve heard of, and films you haven’t! All of which we want to hoist on our shoulders
Regular columns on filmmaking, screenwriting and mental health
And sooooo much more.
* The mighty Jason Isaacs on Hotel Mumbai, making Event Horizon, working with Michael Bay, fandom, and his experience with Jeff Goldblum when making his very first movie.
* Is Hollywood now losing control of the movies?
* A big guide to lots of UK film festivals
* What's the current state of British horror cinema
* The quietly influential movies of Mos Def
* The behaviour of Brits at the cinema
* Disability in horror
* A big dissection of The Predator, and where it stumbled
* What does a film actually look like? And how does it get to your local pictureplex?
All this, and much much more!