An invaluable resource for potters, ceramists, ceramic artists, collectors, enthusiasts and students, Ceramic Review has been inspiring ceramics communities since 1970.
Combining authoritative writing with top-quality photography, the bi-monthly magazine includes:
· In-depth profiles of the most exciting names at work today
· A practical how-to masterclass series with top ceramists
· Interviews with emerging makers currently gaining recognition
· Articles exploring current trends – from the popularity of tableware in high-end restaurants, to new directions in ceramics education
· Step-by-step recipes for clays and glazes
· Insights from leading auction houses on collecting ceramics
· Historical features uncovering the rich heritage of the medium
· The latest news, reviews, exhibitions and events from the world of ceramics, ceramic art and pottery
Print subscribers, please register for digital access here.
In the spirit of our Christmas issue and the season of goodwill it seemed fitting to profile a potter who has given so much to the world of ceramics over the last 40-odd years. Lisa Hammond MBE, founder of both Adopt a Potter and Clay College, took in her first apprentice in 1998 and since then has championed the cause for ceramics education in the UK, helping to secure the success of the next generation of potters and also safeguard the tradition of the craft.
Also profiled this issue is our cover star Ostinelli&Priest who handbuild wonderful creatures inspired by the 18th-century painters Francisco Goya and George Stubbs; you will also find beautiful ceramic jewellery from our emerging maker Katie Timson; an insight into tableware created especially for the TV series MasterChef: The Professionals; a step-by-step Masterclass with ceramist Adrian Bates, plus all the latest news and events from the world of ceramics.