An invaluable resource for potters, ceramists, ceramic artists, collectors, enthusiasts and students, Ceramic Review has been inspiring ceramics communities since 1970.
Combining authoritative writing with top-quality photography, the bi-monthly magazine includes:
· In-depth profiles of the most exciting names at work today
· A practical how-to masterclass series with top ceramists
· Interviews with emerging makers currently gaining recognition
· Articles exploring current trends – from the popularity of tableware in high-end restaurants, to new directions in ceramics education
· Step-by-step recipes for clays and glazes
· Insights from leading auction houses on collecting ceramics
· Historical features uncovering the rich heritage of the medium
· The latest news, reviews, exhibitions and events from the world of ceramics, ceramic art and pottery
Welcome to the latest issue of Ceramic Review. If you are looking for gift inspiration this Christmas, then we hope this issue’s shopping guide will help. We’ve compiled a listing of shops and galleries across the UK, as well as online, where you can purchase the best pottery and ceramic art. From traditional tableware at The Leach Pottery in St Ives, to contemporary fine art and craft at The Scottish Gallery in Edinburgh, there is something for everyone. We profile one of the UK’s most established potters this issue: Jim Malone, who has dedicated 40 years of his life to the pursuit of the perfect pot. You will also find a profile of artist Valeria Nascimento, who, alongside her standalone pieces and jewellery, creates porcelain installations for some of the top stores around the world. Our Masterclass is with potter Duncan Ayscough; Japanese ceramist Hitomi Hosono discusses her inspiration in Potters on Pots, and Richard Baxter shares his glaze recipe, alongside all the usual news and reviews.