Children & Young People Now
Archived since 11 November 2014 Monthly
Children & Young People Now brings together the latest policy and practice to improve young lives and to support families. It provides vital information on child protection, safeguarding and social work; childcare provision; children’s health; education; youth services; youth justice; and multi-agency working. It is essential reading for managers and senior practitioners involved in delivering services for children, young people and families across the public, voluntary and private sectors.
CYP Now is published every fortnight and contains:
• Essential roundup of news from across the sector • In-depth analysis of policy developments and their implications for practice • Investigations and surveys • Evidence-based case studies of good practice • Updates on working with children and the law • Examination of Ofsted inspection reports • Features based on visits to settings across the country • Special thematic reports • Interviews with decision makers, innovators and campaigners • Expert advice on working with children and on managing teams • Special supplements, including the flagship annual ‘Children in Care’ supplement
In the latest edition of CYP Now: SEND reforms, parenting programmes, childcare ratios
The April edition of Children & Young People Now has all the need-to-know information for senior leaders and practitioners working with children, young people and families.
Policy top reads:
- Sector leaders identify key challenges to delivering reforms to the special educational needs and disabilities system
- Implications of government plans to relax staffing ratios for two-year-olds in childcare settings
- Why police use of knife images doesn’t deter young people from carrying weapons
- Barnardo’s chief Lynn Perry on the highlights of her first year in the job
- CYP Now Awards 2023: four previous winners discuss the benefits of entering
Practice top reads:
- Parenting programmes special report profiles projects delivering impactful practice
- My Time Making Memories scheme provides short breaks for young carers in Dorset
- Commissioning expert offers advice for councils on navigating the cost-of-living crisis
- How to put together a bid to the Turing Scheme for young people to study overseas
- London Early Years Foundation’s June O’Sullivan gives tips on being a social leader
Subscribe to Children & Young People Now to receive the monthly magazine, supplements and complete access to all content online
Subjects: Business And Professional, Education, Learning
Quarterly (recurring) $34.99
Includes web, iOS and Android access via Exact Editions apps.
Full refund within 30 days if you're not completely satisfied.
Please note: you are buying an online subscription - we don't send printed copies through the post.
- First Issue: 11 November 2014
- Latest Issue: April 2023
- Issue Count: 130
- Published: Monthly