Children & Young People Now brings together the latest policy and practice to improve young lives and to support families. It provides vital information on child protection, safeguarding and social work; childcare provision; children’s health; education; youth services; youth justice; and multi-agency working. It is essential reading for managers and senior practitioners involved in delivering services for children, young people and families across the public, voluntary and private sectors.
CYP Now is published every fortnight and contains:
• Essential roundup of news from across the sector • In-depth analysis of policy developments and their implications for practice • Investigations and surveys • Evidence-based case studies of good practice • Updates on working with children and the law • Examination of Ofsted inspection reports • Features based on visits to settings across the country • Special thematic reports • Interviews with decision makers, innovators and campaigners • Expert advice on working with children and on managing teams • Special supplements, including the flagship annual ‘Children in Care’ supplement
Please can you add what you can form the below, to the issue description for CYPN - Children & Young People Now.
In the January edition of CYP Now: Digital safeguarding, future of adoption, Ukraine children
Start the new year by taking a look at the latest edition of Children & Young People Now for the most up-to-date information on services for children, young people and families.
Must reads include:
- Special report on latest policy and practice developments in safeguarding children and young people online
- Key factors behind the closure of the Adoption and Special Guardianship Leadership Board and what comes next
- National Citizen Service chief sets out why moving to a year-round offer will boost impact of youth social action
- The impact that the cost-of-living crisis is having on children’s mental health and services supporting them
- Jon Sparkes, chief executive of Unicef UK, makes the case for an early childhood guarantee for the country
Useful practice articles include:
- How a Scottish charity is supporting more than 50 looked-after children escaping war in Ukraine
- All you need to know about bidding for the Future Communities Fund
- Advice from Ofsted on inspections of early education provision
- The Brent Centre for Young People’s Sport & Thought programme helps children get healthy and have fun
- An in-depth look at Japanese schemes that co-locate care for young children and older people.