Children & Young People Now brings together the latest policy and practice to improve young lives and to support families. It provides vital information on child protection, safeguarding and social work; childcare provision; children’s health; education; youth services; youth justice; and multi-agency working. It is essential reading for managers and senior practitioners involved in delivering services for children, young people and families across the public, voluntary and private sectors.
CYP Now is published every fortnight and contains:
• Essential roundup of news from across the sector • In-depth analysis of policy developments and their implications for practice • Investigations and surveys • Evidence-based case studies of good practice • Updates on working with children and the law • Examination of Ofsted inspection reports • Features based on visits to settings across the country • Special thematic reports • Interviews with decision makers, innovators and campaigners • Expert advice on working with children and on managing teams • Special supplements, including the flagship annual ‘Children in Care’ supplement
The February edition of Children & Young People Now has all the latest must-read articles for practitioners working with children, young people and families.
Analysis articles include:
- Organisations highlight key changes needed to make social care reforms a success
- Insight into why some parents do not make full use of government-funded childcare
- Draft guidance for schools on supporting transgender pupils splits expert opinion
- Steph Roberts-Bibby, chief executive of the Youth Justice Board, sets out her plans
- Spotlight on the youth groups recognised by the King’s Award for Voluntary Service
Practice articles include:
- The impact on children of having a parent in prison and how best to support them
- Policy and practice developments in trauma-informed care with children and families
- Key messages from Ofsted inspections of physical education for pupils with SEND
- How Bolton children’s services has developed its work with local partner agencies
- Charity expert offers advice on forming strategic partnerships with retailers
to Children & Young People Now
to receive the monthly magazine, supplements and complete access to all content online.