Children & Young People Now brings together the latest policy and practice to improve young lives and to support families. It provides vital information on child protection, safeguarding and social work; childcare provision; children’s health; education; youth services; youth justice; and multi-agency working. It is essential reading for managers and senior practitioners involved in delivering services for children, young people and families across the public, voluntary and private sectors.
CYP Now is published every fortnight and contains:
• Essential roundup of news from across the sector • In-depth analysis of policy developments and their implications for practice • Investigations and surveys • Evidence-based case studies of good practice • Updates on working with children and the law • Examination of Ofsted inspection reports • Features based on visits to settings across the country • Special thematic reports • Interviews with decision makers, innovators and campaigners • Expert advice on working with children and on managing teams • Special supplements, including the flagship annual ‘Children in Care’ supplement
The February edition of Children & Young People Now provides all the latest policy developments and practice advice for professionals working with children, young people and families.
Must reads include:
- Special report on developments in policy, practice and research on therapeutic care for children and young people
- How charities are coping with the surge in demand for support as a result of the cost-of-living crisis
- Charting the decline in adventure and holiday play provision since 1980 and why more investment is needed
- The government’s independent terrorism legislation adviser sets out the case for child-specific terror orders
- Children’s social care providers and children’s services experts offer differing views on the future of care commissioning
Practice articles include:
- Key trends in inspection outcomes for early years and childcare services
- What Works Centre expert offers her five top tips for putting research into practice
- All you need to know to make a bid to the Challenge Fund 2, which supports services tackling parental conflict
- How the Spear programme helps disadvantaged young people find employment
- The creation of a Youth Board has helped charity Street League up its game