Issue 1, December 2018
We’re thrilled to be introducing a new UK film magazine into the world: Film Stories! And it’s on sale right now!
Welcome to Britain’s new monthly mainstream film magazine, that zeroes in on the smaller rooms in the multiplex, and the bigger rooms in the indies. There are lots of films that never seem to get close to front covers, big features and such like, and we aim to change that!
It’s from the creator of Den Of Geek, and each issue will feature…
At least 100 pages, crammed with news, reviews, features, interviews and mayhem
Writers you’ve not met before, with opportunity for new talent at the heart of the magazine
A mix of films you’ve heard of, and films you haven’t! All of which we want to hoist on our shoulders
Regular columns on filmmaking, screenwriting and mental health
And sooooo much more.
* Noel Clarke talks us through the highs and lows of his film career, why he has to stay combative, offering opportunities to others, and what he’s up to next. It’s his first film magazine front cover.
* The trouble with making a Terminator sequel
* The rise of professional fan documentaries. We talk to the creators behind documentaries about the likes of Alien, Ghostbusters and more.
* Reading the novels written by movie stars. The Steven Seagal one is, er, ‘interesting’
* The abandoned final chapters of movie trilogies
* Triggered by the cinema
* Hollywood blockbusters and the challenge of climate change
* Confessions of a wannabe film actor
* Bad Girls: the 1990s western , that could have been a game-changer, and how it was chewed up by the Hollywood system
And that’s only scratched the surface of what’s in the new issue. Thank you so much for your support, and we hope you like it!