Archived since January - March | 2019 Modern Archive Not set
Swara magazine, the journal of the East African Wild Life Society (EAWLS), has championed environmental and wildlife conservation for over sixty years. It has helped shape legislation and policy designed to protect natural resources, galvanized discussion on how best to solve conservation problems and connect networks for advocacy.
Swara is at the vanguard of nature conservation advocacy across East Africa and the rest of the world where it is distributed to all EAWLS members. The magazine carries out its mandate through highlighting environmental issues, showcasing the biodiversity of different ecosystems and sharing real life experiences of the wild.
The journal is also a collaborative platform for sharing information, enabling useful connections and fostering better public understanding and debate on emerging environmental challenges, including the consequences of climate change.
- Mkomazi: One of Tanzania’s most diverse wildlife habits
- Conspicuous consumption and the global decline of biodiversity
- How birds coped with the prolonged drought in the Horn of Africa
- Kenya’s Wajir County – an unexplored birding destination
- Looking back at 40 years of efforts to preserve the Northern White Rhino
Subjects: Environment, Environmental, Non Fiction
Quarterly (recurring) £4.99
Includes web, iOS and Android access via Exact Editions apps.
Full refund within 30 days if you're not completely satisfied.
Please note: you are buying an online subscription - we don’t send printed copies through the post and access to this content is only granted throughout the subscription lifetime.
- First Issue: January - March | 2019
- Latest Issue: Swara Magazine April - June | 2023 Issue
- Issue Count: 19
- Published: Not set