Archived since May 1935 Complete Archive Monthly
KEEP AN EYE ON THE WORLD WITH GEOGRAPHICAL
Established in 1935, Geographical is the official magazine of the Royal Geographical Society and one of the leading magazines in its field, with stunning photography, great writing and first class design.
- Keep up to date with the world, its people and its places through our news pages and topical features on nature and conservation
- Explore far-flung cities, towns and villages. Meet their inhabitants and immerse yourself in their culture
- Discover weird and wonderful wildlife. Learn more of the world around you through insightful features and stunning photography
- Gain exclusive access to special offers and competitions you won’t find anywhere else
Whether it’s a professional interest you hold or merely a casual curiosity for the world around you, Geographical will doubtless prove informative, enlightening and inspiring.
As a digital subscriber you'll...
- Receive each issue of Geographical in your inbox as soon as it is published
- Gain access to our digital archive, back-dating to 1935
- Pay just a fraction of the usual subscription price, saving up to 75%
Percolating through this special oceans issue are news stories, features, opinion pieces, book reviews and photo galleries with a common theme: the importance of our oceans. As we increase our knowledge of the complex interdependencies that sustain biodiversity, it becomes increasingly obvious that there would be no life on our blue planet without healthy oceans. It’s also increasingly obvious that we can no longer continue to degrade our oceans with impunity. We now know that extracting tin ore from the oceans to keep us supplied with ever fancier mobile phones and other gadgets (see Dredging the depths Page 20) has terrible costs, and that the destruction of seagrass beds (see Blue seagrass of home Page 30) is also taking away a vital carbon sink in a warming planet.
Subjects: Culture, Environmental, Nature, Travel
Quarterly (recurring) €8.99
Includes web, iOS and Android access via Exact Editions apps.
Full refund within 30 days if you're not completely satisfied.
Please note: you are buying an online subscription - we don't send printed copies through the post.
- First Issue: May 1935
- Latest Issue: June 2023
- Issue Count: 1,024
- Published: Monthly
- ISSN: 2059-5301