Crafts is the world's leading magazine devoted to making.
Published six times a year by the Crafts Council UK, Crafts offers the latest news, reviews and opinion, alongside a selection of in-depth features, challenging essays and critical debate from the best writers in the business. Crafts champions high-quality contemporary craft practice nationally and internationally, as well as its impact on social, economic and cultural life.
The complete digital archive includes every issue of Crafts since 1973, providing readers with an unparalleled history of making; an essential resource for students, academics, researchers or anyone with an interest in craft.
#284: Crafts: September/October issue champions the ‘change makers’: the artists, designers, thinkers and organisations who are using craft skills and processes to make a positive impact.
Crafts has been refreshed and reinvigorated for this landmark issue, which celebrates the power of making to bring people together and change lives.
• A new editorial approach exploring how craft can enhance all aspects of our daily lives
• Beautiful photography and a lively contemporary design
• An agenda-setting take on craft from writers, critics and commentators from across the cultural sector
• Our essential edit of unmissable craft exhibitions worldwide
• Inspiring stories on the pioneers driving craft into a new era
• The inside view on what you should be collecting now