Issue 1, Winter 2011
First published in November 2011, Hunger is a style and culture publication launched by Rankin, the co-founder of world-renowned magazine Dazed, aimed at the culturally and visually hungry.
The biannual issues are brimming with music, art, culture, documentary and high octane fashion features, editorials and in-depth interviews. Each issue covers both the established and emerging talents in the arts, fashion and editorial sectors, keeping the issue at the cutting-edge of pop culture.
Created at the dawn of a new decade, HUNGER: THE FUTURE ISSUE is a tribute to the very real new era of gender politics, beauty, fashion, technology and the climate emergency. Including cover stars:
- Actor and Quentin Tarantino muse Margaret Qualley
- Controversial whistleblower and author Christopher Wylie
- The dark side of rising R&B star RAYE
All of the cover stars, fashion and beauty stories are styled using “no new clothing” – only archive, vintage and second-hand clothes.
Elsewhere in HUNGER: THE FUTURE ISSUE:
- Art section guest-edited by Juliana Huxtable
- Exclusive interview with artist Trevor Paglen
- DIY fashion stories by guest fashion editor Neesha Tulsi Champaneria
- Interviews with a series of “anti-influencers”: singer and poet Arlo Parks, writer Nathalie Olah, internet personality Charity Shop Sue and LVMH prize-nominated designer Priya Ahluwalia