January / February 2006
Narrow Gauge World is the only newsstand magazine that puts narrow gauge centre stage. Yesterday’s history, today’s news and tomorrow’s projects are all covered in detail in our pages.
We uncover fascinating stories from the rich and varied history of the narrow gauge, we carry unrivalled in-depth news coverage, we feature the many new projects, talking directly to the people involved, on today’s busy and vibrant narrow gauge, in the UK and across the globe. Our photography is a highlight, from period pictures often published for the first time, to the best work from today’s photographers, used big and bold.
In the latest edition of Narrow Gauge World...
* We look at how railways have reacted to the latest grant aid and how they are preparing for a hopefully better 2021
* James Waite visits the Talyllyn and enjoys a Covid-safe travel experience
* Steve Sedgwick travels through the Mail Rail tunnels - on foot
* Donald Brooks profiles a remarkable line where a fireless loco hauled passenger trains for half a century
* Fuzz Jordan opens up an Indian photo archive
* Greg Howell looks at overhead electric working in a Chinese mine
Plus alll the latest news, modelling, book reviews, the best photos and much more