Wiltshire Life is Wiltshire's leading county magazine. It was established in 1946 and has gathered a strong following over the decades. Re-launched in 2002 to great acclaim, it keeps its readers informed, entertained and engaged, from Swindon in the north to Salisbury in the south. Wiltshire Life embodies the essence of Wilshire and is, quite simply, the best magazine that covers all aspects of life in the county.
Subscribe today and enjoy:
• A magazine that brings you a stimulating blend of Wiltshire tradition and innovation
• A winning formula of stunning photography, well written features and strong design
• Interesting and topical features on village life, walking, local history, food and drink, the arts, the countryside and much more
• Special features on independent schools, care, weddings, motoring, interiors and home improvements
This month Wiltshire Life celebrates 75 years as the county magazine with a stunning extended anniversary edition.
We look back at the year 1946, sharing stories from across the county’s towns and villages, alongside fascinating features from museums, history groups and country estates.
We re-visit the very first issue and discover life at the end of World War Two, and how the county has grown and evolved in subsequent years.
We have a fun quiz, and Did You Know feature where you can test your knowledge or discover amazing and surprising facts about life in 1946 - from the price of bread to the latest hits at the cinema.
Included in this issue there are two separate exclusive publications:
• The must have guide to independent schools in Wiltshire, the south and southwest, with inciteful, and informative features from education experts and teachers.
• A treat for food lovers: A Year of Recipes, showcasing some of the county’s finest chefs and food producers. Many of the wonderful ingredients are sourced on the doorstep. Grant Berry from Yapps wine merchants in Mere has paired each recipe with a delicious wine. This fabulous guide has something for every palate and season – enjoy!
This October issue includes all our regular features on art, history, events and life in the county. In My Wiltshire we meet BBC Masterchef winner Ping Coombes; Simon Heptinstall reveals the county’s top film locations; We find out about the creative team behind Fermoie fabrics; Gary Lawrence meets an inspirational football team; we are in conversation with Jennie Shaw, the amazing Bobby Van fundraiser; look at the work of a wildlife hospital and head to the Savernake Forest to discover the benefits of wellbeing in the woods.